Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Redecorating Your Living Room and Dining Room

By : Jane Worthington

I decided that after 10 years my home needed some redecorating. Out with the old, in with the new! I couldn't bear to look at my old battered dining room table or living room furniture one more day, so I knew it was time go shopping. I've always felt that my home is my castle, and I want my home furnishings to reflect that and make me feel at ease. I knew I didn't have a large budget for this home furniture overhaul, but I've always been able to find discount living room furniture and every other kind of furnishing, so I hoped to be able to complete my mission without going over budget.

First things first, time to tackle the living room! My family spends a lot of time in this room, so I wanted to do this room first. I found some great new sofas to put in there, and then coordinating lamps and lighting to accent the new couches. It seemed that something was missing, and I immediately saw that what I needed to really pull the room together were living room tables. Eureka! I couldn't find anything I liked in my usual suspect furniture stores, so like any savvy shopper I decided to look at online retailers to see if they had anything that would work. I mean, furniture stores can't always put their entire stock on their showroom floor, because there simply isn't room to display it all. So my search online was fruitful, and I found the perfect set of living room tables to match my new furniture, and once I added these, the room really looked complete.

The next room that needed the redecoration fairy was my dining room. The poor table and chairs had seen better days, and I knew they needed to be replaced. So I went around the neighborhood furniture stores to look at dining room tables and luckily found a very nice set on clearance. The set was made of maple wood, and had a very warm and traditional style that made my dining room look elegant yet homey. I couldn't afford to replace the buffet hutch at the same time, but my new dining room set did match the hutch well enough that I could get away with it, even though I didn't buy them together. My family was so happy when they gathered around the new dining room table for the first time, and we enjoy the new set every night when we have dinner.

Now that I have completely overhauled the living room furniture and dining room furniture, I may start my next home decorating project and go for the kitchen and bathrooms. But first, let me relax for a moment on my wonderful new sofa...

Article Source: http://www.articlesbase.com/interior-design-articles/redecorating-your-living-room-and-dining-room-593709.html

0 comments: